.thumb img { float: right; margin: 0 0 10px 10px; }

Friday, August 28, 2026

28-August 2026: Iconic Underwear Movie Scenes



Growing up and coming of age in the 80s, there weren't as many opportunities to explore a young boy's fascination for men's underwear compared to the modern era. There were some newspaper ads that piqued my curiosity. I have fond memories of the Jim Palmer Jockey Ad campaign.  I recall taking the JC Penney catalog to a private spot to peruse the sexy men who looked so confident in their briefs. I clipped one of the ads from the newspaper and put it under my pillow, only to have my brother and a friend find it later in an extremely embarrassing moment. 

Of course, there were movies that made strong impressions and sparked curiosity in a young boy's mind. Some movies that I vividly recall are the following:

1. Superman: The Movie (1978)
The first Superman film featuring Christopher Reeve was a massive hit when it came out. Arguably, this is one of the best iterations of Superman in our modern time. Chris embodied the Kryptonian hero to a tee. He was so gorgeous, especially in his costume with the bright red briefs. His beautiful package was on display for all to view!

Looking at Chris, you can see how prominent he was. It's hard not to be mesmerized by him in his hot red briefs. There was even a rumor that a person was assigned to make sure his penis was positioned correctly in the Superman outfit. Who wouldn't love to have that job?! 


I always thought Lex Luthor should have taken advantage of Superman prior to depositing him in the pool. It would have hard for me to resist if I were Lex. I guess he had other more pressing business to attend to, such as destroying the west coast. 

You can see below that Superman is all business in his hot red briefs! I am sure he was a fantasy to many young boys in the 70s and 80s. This makes me want to don my Superman briefs! 



2. Risky Business (1983):
Tom Cruise has never been shy about showing off his undies. In this film, he famously dances in his tighty whities in the living room to "Old Time Rock and Roll" by Bob Seger. I will admit that it would have been more fascinating if he wasn't wearing his dress shirt, as it covers up his classic white briefs a bit too much for my taste. 

However, Tom pulls off the look quite well. Partially unbuttoned dress shirt, white briefs, and white sox. What a classic look and comfortable vibe. In the film, he is so excited to have the house to himself. Who can blame him?

Alas, we don't get to see his underwear much until he throws himself on the couch and continues his dance which then results in a nice exposure. Look at that butt ensconced in tighty whities! 
Thank goodness, we got to see him frantically moving about in this position! He was really grooving here. 

If only he had a few of buddies with him in similar attire, rocking out. 

This is a classic underwear scene that we all enjoyed immensely. Even to this day, it is such an iconic scene. 

3. Back to the Future (1985):
As a kid, I loved "Back to the Future" with Michael J. Fox. The character of Marty McFly was such a cool kid. He was an excellent skateboarder. He had a beautiful girlfriend. And he could jam on the guitar like no other. But it was his fashion sense that stood out the most to me. When he lands back in time in the year 1955, he ends up spending a night at his teenage mother's home. His mother humorously thinks his name is Calvin on account of his lavender colored Calvin Klein briefs. 
Marty is mortified that his mother has eyes on him and his CK briefs. No one can blame the girl though. 

I wasn't too familiar with Calvin Klein underwear when this movie premiered. Let's say that I was an immediate fan after seeing Michael J. Fox. It's easy to see why his mother, Lorraine, was infatuated with his CK undies! CK was brand that would rise even further with their ads featuring Marky Mark, among others. 


4. Big (1988)
This is a sweet, sentimental movie in which a 12 year old boy makes a wish to be big when he is at a carnival, as a way of winning the heart of an older girl. He is the character Josh Baskin wishing to Zoltar to be big. 

He goes home to bed and wakes up as a 30 year old man. His pajamas got ripped to shreds during the transition to full manhood, but miraculously his underwear survived his growth spurt. I think the PG rating demanded the briefs be intact. 

Below, you can see Tom Hanks, who plays the adult Josh Baskin, discovering his new adult body while looking in the mirror. He is admiring his chest hair and other bodily features which are new to him. 



Of course, he has to check out his junk!! It's the only natural thing to do. 


He narrowly avoids his mother, who is unaware that her son is now a fully grown man. Don't you just love the ringer briefs he is sporting!


That white with blue accents. It's perfection!


Josh runs back to his room and tries unsuccessfully to put on his jeans which no longer fit him.


He has to come up with another plan. So he finds some baggy sweatpants and sweatshirt to cover himself. 

But the entire scene where is trying to shove himself into his jeans is hilarious. 



I must say that Tom Hanks looks great in these child's briefs. Seeing this makes me long for the days of the Underoos I used to wear as a kid. Growing up in the 80s was awesome!


5. Weird Science (1985):
The comedy film "Weird Science" by John Hughes was a riot. Two teens create a live woman using their knowledge of science. The woman who is portrayed by Kelly Lebrock has some powers of her own.
In one scene, Wyatt ends up wearing her underwear or panties as his older brother, Chet, is horrified to witness. 




Wyatt looks pretty good in his cropped shirt and panties. I miss Bill Paxton (RIP!).

His brother is not a fan of the look. Unless he is repressing some deep seated emotions. 


I dunno...who do you think rocked the look better: Wyatt or Lisa? 



So what do you guys think of these iconic underwear scenes? I am sure there are many others that I'm not thinking of. Which are some of your favorites? Show me your undies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

6-September 2026: Coyote Cotton Ringer Fly Brief

6-September 2026: Coyote Cotton Ringer Fly Brief I love the classic look of this ringer brief by Coyote. I have a matching ringer t-shirt to...