21-May 2020: Stealing Underwear
We have probably all seen abandoned underwear in the locker room at some point. For me, it did not create a dilemma until just recently.

I am blessed to work with medical students. It’s awesome to participate in the education of up-and-coming physicians. This past year I was fortunate to work with a third-year med student who was humble, kind, and genuine. He stood out from other students I’ve worked with.
Rob was older than most medical students (28 years old). He was polished in his presentations, demonstrating confidence but always welcomed feedback and guidance. He was a former college athlete (lacrosse). He just seemed like an all-around good guy.
He was certainly attractive; I admit it freely. Dark hair, trim beard, tall.
He was undoubtedly attractive; I admit it freely. He sported dark hair, a trim beard, and was tall.
He also had a serious girlfriend. There were times when I wondered what kind of underwear he wore. I just had that curiosity about him.
As the COVID-19 pandemic came, the result was that his 9-month rotation in family medicine was cut short. So he left without a lot of fanfare.
The weeks have passed since his departure. I hadn’t given him too much thought, in all honesty.
Recently, I noticed he still had a locker in our staff locker room. I decided to see if anything was still left inside it.

Lo and behold, there was a pair of boxer briefs. The burning underwear question was suddenly answered. The more significant dilemma I wrestled with was whether I should take them. Obviously, he was not coming back for them. After considering the situation, I walked out of the locker room and left them behind.
What would you have done?

Over the next few days, I could not stop thinking about Rob’s underwear. After 3 days, I decided to go back to retrieve them.

You can seen the lone pair of black Jockey boxer briefs with a few random papers.

So what happens next…stay tuned for the rest of the story.

No comments:
Post a Comment