28-May 2020: Underoos
A blast from the past has re-entered my world of underwear. Underoos were probably my first departure from tighty whities as a young boy. I remember feeling so cool sporting them. If you slap a red mop of hair on the kid below, he could be me...

I wasn’t the only one who loved Underoos. My younger brother wore them. I also recall that my older sisters had some. The product was all the rage in the late 1970s and early 80s. Here is an early product sketch for Fred Flintstone Underoos.

They had many styles. I don’t remember exactly which ones I had. More than likely, Batman and/or Superman were in the mix. One of us had Darth Vader Underoos.
It only seems natural and nostalgic that I would proceed with an Underoos purchase to recapture that boyhood. It was not easy to choose among the offerings. However, I love Captain America and, more importantly, Chris Evans. So I made the transaction hoping I would soon have “America’s ass,” to quote Captain A.

It is kinda cool to have matching apparel items. Don’t you agree?

Do I look like Chris Evans yet? LOLOL

I also purchased separately this pair of socks. Admittedly I was acting on the advice of a friend who is a fan of long socks.

What do you think of Underoos?

And long socks?

Tell me your superhero fantasies! Show your Underoos ;-)
Subscribe to Undies4Life by email

No comments:
Post a Comment