.thumb img { float: right; margin: 0 0 10px 10px; }

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

What Should a Guy Do With His Old Worn-out Underwear?

What Should a Guy Do With His Old Worn-out Underwear?

This might seem like a silly question to ask. But if you love underwear as much as I do, you may struggle to throw your old undies in the garbage. I can't bear the thought of knowing my underwear is rotting in a landfill somewhere.


So what should the guy pictured above do with his worn-out undies?  Here are some of my thoughts.


1. Give them to an underwear buddy:  Personally, this is probably my favorite choice. The problem for me is that I don't have such a buddy. I can't send them to random men I have chatted with because I need to maintain anonymity. I have done it several times with other guys in my situation. For any of you out there, I encourage you to find a "friend" and share them. You would be surprised how desired they are.
Don't these buds look as though they are having fun?


2. Donate them:  I never knew you could donate your used underwear. A little research on the topic has proven interesting. The clothing drop boxes in some store parking lots will take them. They recycle them for furniture padding, wash rags, and insulation material. There are some other recycling centers you can utilize. H&M stores will accept used clothing for recycling purposes. 



3. Sell them:  There is a market for used underwear. I see guys on Reddit selling them. There are other sites, such as Snoozled, created for that purpose. You can "advertise" your sales on Instagram or other social media. I confess my only purchase of used underwear was from a sexy guy on IG. I still love the pairs I got from him. I wish I had the ego to sell mine!



4. Burn them: ,I had a backyard bonfire last spring and burned some of my old trunks and boxer briefs. It was cathartic for me. I stopped wearing trunks long ago and didn't need them any longer. I thought it was more "dignified" to burn them. You know, "from ashes to ashes...dust to dust". I will probably do this again someday since I can't bear to toss mine in the garbage. When I posted about my bonfire, there were some emotional reactions from other guys. I hope you understand why I did it and why I will do it again.

5.  Compost them:  If your underwear is made of natural products such as cotton, you may cut them up and put them in your compost pile.  If they have elastic such as a waistband, you should remove that first.  I also read that you can bury them to test the health of your soil.


So there you have it.  What do you think of these alternatives to throwing your undies in the trash?  What appeals to you most?  Or do you have other ideas?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

26-July 2026: Kumori Goldvale Brief

26-July 2026: Kumori Goldvale Brief Kumori is a recent brand I have discovered. They have just released a few new prints. Naturally, I'm...