.thumb img { float: right; margin: 0 0 10px 10px; }

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Jockey Ads that Influenced My Youth, (Ads Part 2) [Tumblr Repost]

Here is a repost from my Tumblr page I made on September 30, 2018. I did a series of posts on underwear ads that profoundly affected my upbringing and sparked my interest in underwear. Let me know if any of you remember these ads!


Jockey Ads that Influenced Me Years Ago (Ads Part 2)

Here are a couple more Jockey Ads that got my blood boiling when I was younger. These ads came out in 1998 or 1999 (I believe). The first example is a group of real-life firemen used in a Jockey underwear campaign.


image

With this ad, I remember thinking how sexy these real guys were and how great it would be to be rescued by them, especially the bald guy in the white briefs. 


image


The second ad featured actual physicians bearing all by dropping their scrub bottoms. The doctors wearing string bikinis definitely got my attention. Come on, CPR from any of them would be unbelievable!


At the time, my dad subscribed to Sports Illustrated, and these ads were buried inside the magazine's pages. I remember sneaking these issues away when no one else seemed interested in the sports content any longer and before my mom pitched them in the garbage. 


I preferred the firemen ad promotion between the two, but both were great. I’m curious to know which one appeals to you guys.


I don’t know how successful the ad campaign was for the Kenosha, WI-based company, but it sold me!
 

Now, as a man, I continue to buy underwear, although my tastes have veered from the Jockey brand a bit. There are so many options these days. My latest acquisition is here and is probably unlike anything I’ve ever bought.

image

This Marco Marco harness is a stretch for me. I’ve never owned anything like it. I thought wearing it with this matching pair of briefs would be fun. But I will admit that I’ve fantasized for a long time about wearing a harness, even more, risqué ones than this. The idea of someone using it for leverage during playtime is what I envision in my wildest thoughts. Something that may never happen except within the confines of my imagination.
The pink sequin jock thong…that I just had to have☺️🙈
What are your underwear stories? I’d love to hear about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

26-July 2026: Kumori Goldvale Brief

26-July 2026: Kumori Goldvale Brief Kumori is a recent brand I have discovered. They have just released a few new prints. Naturally, I'm...