Another repost from Tumblr, originally made on October 14, 2018. This details more ads that I recalled from my youth and a close encounter with my brother and a friend.
_____________________________________________________________________
Vintage Underwear Ads (Part 3)…and a Close Call

As I have already explained, my fascination with underwear really ramped up in my adolescence. The pages of Sports Illustrated for me were more about seeing what men’s underwear ads were embedded therein. The annual swimsuit issue always had some sexy underwear ads.
Additionally, the city I grew up in started to get some departments stores like Dillard’s and Von Maur. So the newspaper began advertising underwear ads more frequently. You should keep in mind that this was in the late 1980s, well before the internet was conceived. Consequently, when I would see ads like this, my mouth was drooling…

At one point I was stupid enough to clip an ad and bring it to my bedroom which I shared with my younger brother (he is 3 years younger than I am). I thought I was clever to tuck it inside my pillow case instead of under the pillow. We shared a bunk bed of which I was on the top bunk.
Flash forward to a mutual friend hanging out with us in our room and somehow this ad was discovered. I deflected the whole situation onto my younger brother saying he planted it there to embarrass or ridicule me. He denied it of course. The situation passed quickly and nothing more was ever said of it. To this day I wonder if my brother recalls that. I would like to think maybe not.
I guess it serves me right for being a stupid, horny teenage boy!

Nowadays I don’t own any FTLs. I love to collect underwear! Maybe these ads inspired me become the undie selfie person I am today, even though I am nowhere near as good looking as them. I still think we should embrace our underwear:) I’m still waiting for more underwear submissions that I can share here on this blog! Until then I will be forced to show selfies…




No comments:
Post a Comment