There is plenty of snow here in Minnesota. But I refuse to break out the thermal underwear until January (at the earliest). Here is one of the pairs in my collection. Honestly, though, I am looking forward to finally wearing the Cocksox pair I own. I figure thermal underwear won't violate my vow against wearing briefs, jockstraps, and thongs.
27-January 2019: Thermal Underwear & Winter Survival
It’s the heart of winter in Minnesota. As I look out my window, the snow is coming down. We are in a winter storm warning. Six to nine inches of snow is forecasted, with winds gusting as high as 35 miles per hour. Additionally, wind chills will be as low as -60F (-51C)! UGH!! I figure I can usually deal with the snow, but the bitter cold is another thing entirely. The cold snap is going to stick around for a while too!

If the forecast holds true, I look forward to Saturday and the balmy high of 34F. That’s a 56F temperature swing compared to Wednesday…I hope it’s not a bait-and-switch!
•
It looks as though it is time to pull out the thermal underwear, long johns, long underwear, or whatever you like to call them. I should have bought some cool-looking Skull and Bones NYC or Jack Adams thermals before implementing my New Year’s resolution of “no new underwear.”

Last fall, I purchased a couple of Ginch Gonch long johns. They are a step up from my old thermals (Starter Brand and REI). They are probably not as high quality as the ones pictured above. The Lux Long Johns by Jack Adams and Tri Color Plaid Leggings by Skull and Bones will not disappoint if they are similar to these companies’ other products.
•
Whenever, I don a pair of long johns, I still put a pair of briefs (or a jockstrap) on underneath…I am not a savage after all ;-) Actually, I just love briefs too much to go without them!
Can you guess what I am wearing underneath this pair? So while the monkey business Ginch Gonch is fun and playful, I still don’t rush to pull them out until it is bone-chilling cold!
•







No comments:
Post a Comment