.thumb img { float: right; margin: 0 0 10px 10px; }

Monday, September 16, 2019

Bonfire...Let's Say Goodbye to Some Undies (Tumblr Repost)

I hadn't had a bonfire this summer (other than when I was at the lake with my family). Perhaps it is time to plan one again, especially with cooler autumn weather on tap. Burning undies was cathartic and, dare I say, fun. Read and see for yourself.

 


5-April 2019: Bonfire…Let’s Say Goodbye to Some Undies

I have been eager to purge some of my undies for a while now. I haven’t been thrilled with the idea of throwing them in the garbage, as the thought of them ending up in a landfill just sickens me. If I had a buddy who wanted them (I mean a real-life buddy who KNOWS me), I would gladly give them to him. Since that option didn’t exist, I decided that I would have a nice backyard bonfire when the weather got nicer.




image

I have always thought for myself when I die that, I want to be cremated. I don’t want to be buried in the cold Earth. (In my line of work, you think about death quite often, morbid, I know). So why not choose the same (cremation) for my precious undies :-)  As Jim Morrison once sang, “Come on baby, light my fire….”
The time has come to rid my drawers of some trunks and boxer briefs, at least some of the ones I will never wear again. I only plan to keep a few for exercise purposes to wear when I am out on some cold weather runs.
So come join me on this underwear funeral dirge of sorts:
How do you dispose of your undies? What is the most respectful way to do it? Tell me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

26-July 2026: Kumori Goldvale Brief

26-July 2026: Kumori Goldvale Brief Kumori is a recent brand I have discovered. They have just released a few new prints. Naturally, I'm...