28-September 2019: How Does an Underwear Addict Spend His Free Time?
It’s a beautiful fall afternoon in rural Minnesota. The sun is shining, the temperature is a crisp 60F, and there is a mild breeze. The leaves are beginning to change already.

It was a good morning to sleep in late. When I got up, I had my morning coffee and finished watching The Office on Netflix. What a great show! It resonated with me when the character Pam viewed the documentary and reflected on how she wasted so much time before finally declaring to Jim her true feelings.

Pam: I’m really happy now. But… it would just… just make my heart soar if someone out there saw this and she said to herself “be strong, trust yourself, love yourself. Conquer your fears.”
Maybe I should learn from the fictional Pam and be who I am. Instead of confessing everything to my wife, I went on a ten-mile run. I continually choose the easy path in most aspects of my life.
When I finished my run, I shopped online for underwear, spending USD 200. One of my buddies predicted that I wouldn’t be able to abstain from underwear purchases until Black Friday, as I had earlier vowed. He was correct (ugh!). I guess I’m too weak when it comes down to it.


No comments:
Post a Comment