.thumb img { float: right; margin: 0 0 10px 10px; }

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Brilliant Disguise

3-October 2019:  Brilliant Disguise

I often think I must have a "brilliant disguise" to fool everyone in my daily life. How do people not see the real me? One of my favorite songs is Bruce Springsteen's Brilliant Disguise. He must have been going through a difficult time with his wife (actress Julianne Phillips) when he wrote it. They ended up divorcing. The lyrics really strike a chord with me.





The music video is equally compelling. If you have never seen it, I would recommend viewing it. It is fairly simple. Springsteen sits in a chair, plays his guitar, and sings the song. The videographer starts with a panned-out view and slowly zooms in throughout the song. You can see the emotion and intensity build as you stare into the depths of Bruce's eyes. There is pain and anguish evident. Personally, I think it's beautiful and simultaneously tragic. 

I swear this song could be about me. He questions his wife but ultimately doubts himself. He speaks of not trusting himself. He is the one with the "Brilliant Disguise."

 So where does that leave me? I honestly don't know. I guess it leaves me here still bearing all in underwear. Funny to think my disguise happens to be skimpy undies.


This Deadpool thong I am sporting is new.  It took me 3 months to get it!  I ordered it from a guy from Spain who advertises on Instagram.



Unlike Deadpool, I don't have a physical mask, but there is definitely masking of my true self. I hope that one day someone in my personal world will know the real me.





Only time will tell if that will ever happen.



 Do you have a "disguise" or secrets you don't share? I would sure love to know if you do!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

26-July 2026: Kumori Goldvale Brief

26-July 2026: Kumori Goldvale Brief Kumori is a recent brand I have discovered. They have just released a few new prints. Naturally, I'm...