_________________________________________________________________________
How I Came to Tumblr and the Ensuing Course of my Blog
In the post 12/17/18 era of Tumblr, I have been editing this blog (extensively). It’s caused me to reflect quite a bit on what I have done since July 2017 when I first started. I had no idea what I was doing when I came here or really what Tumblr even was.
At the time, I was on the messaging app KIK. I was in different groups with guys with underwear fetishes (e.g., Jockstraps, Underwear, etc.). The problem is that you had to maintain your activity in these groups, or the admins would kick you out after a while. Consequently, that got to be exhausting and difficult when you’re working, etc. I can’t say I blame them as they simply wanted vibrant and active groups.

After a while, I just decided to create my own Jockstrap/Underwear group (who doesn’t like to be in charge!). It was fun for a while. But again, one gets tired of trying to keep such a group going…constantly posting underwear pics and the like (who wants to do that?). Maybe I’m just not a good leader, especially when I’m stripped to my underwear! And actually, I recall my group was reported and disbanded. So even KIK has its issues, just as Tumblr does 😆
At one point, a guy reached out to me and asked if I wanted to submit some pics for his blog. I inquired about his blog, and he told me it was on Tumblr. I came to Tumblr and decided to start my own blog after looking at the platform. I really loved the idea of an underwear blog. I didn’t know this world existed!
My first days on Tumblr were some selfies and lots of re-blogs of underwear models. I also started an Instagram account around the same time. Still, I was nervous about posting on Instagram since it was mainstream compared to Tumblr. Everyone is on Instagram, and I was nervous about being “seen” by family and/or friends.
My initial selfies were pretty crude, often with GIFs. As a result, many of them no longer pass the new standards on Tumblr. These are some of my first selfies, which are no longer visible due to Tumblr’s regulations. I think the reason is that I am shoving my hand down my underwear in one of the pictures 👿 And GIFs seem to be too sexually explicit for Tumblr these days 🙈
Looking back at many of the early pictures, I don’t find them to be very tasteful or artistic. That may sound kind of stupid, I realize, as maybe art should be thrown out the window when it comes to an underwear blog. I often placed my hand down my underwear or even showed my ass spread full on in a jockstrap! My pictures probably changed over time because I started using them for both Instagram and Tumblr, and Instagram already had “standards” in place. That probably proved to be a blessing.
Early on with this blog, a couple of really cool guys with hot underwear blogs personally reached out to me. They had sexy selfies, great taste in underwear, and were normal to chat with. I thought if I met these guys in my daily life, they would come off as normal in society, yet have this secret obsession with underwear like me, and we could be friends. And how cool would that be? It was refreshing because I didn’t think other guys like me existed. They detailed friendships through Tumblr to me, which was eye-opening. Unfortunately, one of these guys recently deactivated his blog, and the other has been inactive for a long time. But both were critical in developing my infant blog, even if they didn’t know it. I might have hung up blogging were it not for them. I hope they are doing well in their lives, as I only wish them the very best.
Of course, there were some things I did early on that I look back and think…UGH. The undiemaster challenge is definitely one that comes to mind. Here are some snapshots from those days, which happened very early in my blog.
This “challenge” may be right for some, but I found it was simply too much for me. When you work a busy job, have a family, and run a household, the additional tasks he required were too overwhelming. Thankfully, it didn’t last very long because he deactivated his blog. I am fairly certain he resurrected it under a different name. I got a DM from a Tumblr user asking me if I wanted to join a similar regimen. However, I had learned from previous events and did not reply.
Additionally, another mistake I made was the selection of my blog name. I just picked a moniker I had used on other sites and didn’t give it any thought when I started on Tumblr. That name was MNRUNNER5555. I didn’t like it after I saw that other users had cool underwear-related names. But I stuck with it far longer than I should have. Finally, I made the leap and changed names…

So this resulted in a name change for my blog in September 2018 from MNRUNNER5555 to undiesforlife. I should have given the name of my blog more forethought.
Other positive things happened too. Another kind man reached out to me early in my blog by DM. He just wanted to chat and introduce himself. He has been super sweet toward me and has actively promoted my blog many times over. His blog was/is full of beautiful undie-clad/swimsuit-clad/lycra-clad bulges. Words cannot express my gratitude toward him for reaching out and for his kindness. He never needed to do any of it but was simply helping a newbie starting off!
While I have finally decided that I care more about meaningful connections at this point than total numbers of followers, there certainly was a time when I thought it was very cool to amass a ton of followers. I think I have moved beyond that now. I’m more interested in bloggers that reach out to me personally, and I am more interested in quality than quantity.
Lastly, some guys have been in a similar situation as I am in their personal and professional lives. One, in particular, stands out. He first reached out to me in October 2017 and vanished shortly after. When he resurfaced some months later, in July 2018, it was incredibly awesome to hear from him as I never expected to. Our chats over the last 6 months have been a bright spot for me when I often search for them in my life. I feel guilty for hitting him up and know I need to be more mindful of his time and space. He is a man who just has a way of drawing others to him, so it’s only fair that I remain grounded and respectful of that.
I know we cannot expect too much from friends we meet online, but it’s good to know that we are not alone. There are certainly times that I feel that way in my non-virtual life. It’s difficult to shake the emptiness at times, but mostly I do okay. Tumblr and Instagram are good coping mechanisms, at least for me.
There are moments when I think I consider hanging up my online activities. Some of the guys I have known have left. Tumblr certainly didn’t help with their recent declaration and policy changes. I know I was concerned that I would lose the contacts I made when the Tumblr brass made their big announcement.
I’m not sure what the future holds. I’ve seen many Tumblr users migrate to Instagram and Twitter while others have gone to different sites. I need to keep this site up and running for now since my Instagram site doesn’t allow me to really operate a blog or give too much input on underwear. I guess I will keep this site until Tumblr shuts it down, or I have no more interest in putting forth content.
Finally, you may notice that I have removed many images from my archive. Mostly, I have removed many of the underwear models that grace the pages herein. I did this to try and focus my blog on more original content. I’m sorry if this doesn’t appeal to some of you. Additionally, a while back, a friend encouraged me to focus more on original content. So moving forward, that will be the emphasis of my blog. And if you happen to put forth original content on your blog, I want to follow you…so please send me a message to let me know! Cheers, fellow underwear lovers!





No comments:
Post a Comment