As I was chatting with a friend recently, our conversation gave me the inspiration for this post. This is a question I get somewhat frequently.
I am often asked how it is that I keep my underwear collection a secret from my wife. There isn't an easy explanation for this. However, there are some factors that assist me in this regard.
When I first started collecting underwear (when I made my first Andrew Christian purchase several years ago), I used a couple of hidden shelves in our master walk-in closet as my "secret annex." I pushed the undergarments to the back and put some sweaters and jeans in front of them keeping them out of view. This worked well because my collection was small, probably less than 15 pairs at the time.
Three years ago we moved to a different house so I had to come up with another plan. There wasn't the same set up in our new closet. Consequently, I employed "the box" to keep my secret. I previously blogged about "the box." It is a medium-sized clothing box which I used to stash my undies. I placed it is a corner of our closet with some of my shirts hanging down to discreetly keep it out of view.
As my collection grew, I could no longer keep my treasures in the box as they wouldn't all fit there. I started to move them to my "regular" dresser drawers.
![]() |
| My dresser drawers |
![]() |
| One of my open drawers |
Currently, I have underwear in 8 drawers. Three of these are filled to near max capacity while the others just have only a portion of them occupied by underwear. And then there is the large duffel bag under my bed.
It is probably best if I give you a video tour:
I just realized that I skipped over my drawer with thermal underwear (but they aren't very exciting, so oh well). So the correct tally is 9 drawers with undies!
I am further aided by the fact that I do my own laundry. Additionally, wife doesn't snoop through my drawers. So far this has worked out, but I live with the constant fear that she may one day look in my drawers or check one of the shoeboxes. That fear doesn't stop me from activities though. At least it hasn't yet!
So that’s how I conceal items such as this Gregg Homme thong.
You've seen my collection. What is your underwear collection like? Show me your undies!


