This is a Tumblr repost recounting my tie-dye underwear project. I made my tie-dye undies while abstaining from underwear purchases and documented the process in video format.
1-March 2019: Tie-Dye Undies
There is a company that I follow on Instagram that sells tie-dye undies. I admit that I thought they looked pretty cool and have been tempted to purchase some (I am always tempted by undies!!). It got me thinking that I could make my own. Since I am still on my New Year’s “underwear fast,” I considered that this could be a sort of substitute for new underwear ☺️😀

I researched the tie-dye process and purchased this kit from Amazon, which cost $13. I remember making tie-dye shirts with my kids at a summer resort in Brainerd, MN, a few years ago, and it seemed pretty straightforward, from what I recalled.
Here is a video of my efforts to tie-dye a couple of briefs and an A-shirt. Keep in mind I am a novice.
After letting them sit overnight, I moved to rinsing them and putting them in the washing machine. I had to be careful not to get any of the dye on the white undies I was wearing 🙈 Here is the video.
Here is the final video ...the reveal from the washing machine and the underwear try-on!
Here is a video of my efforts to tie-dye a couple of briefs and an A-shirt. Keep in mind I am a novice.
After letting them sit overnight, I moved to rinsing them and putting them in the washing machine. I had to be careful not to get any of the dye on the white undies I was wearing 🙈 Here is the video.
Here is the final video ...the reveal from the washing machine and the underwear try-on!



No comments:
Post a Comment