Lately, I have been excited to buy undies for friends. It's a new experience for me and really gives a new sense of pleasure when it comes to men's underwear. Who doesn't like to shop for underwear? I even chatted with a guy recently about how great it would be to shop together at Rainbow Road in Minneapolis. You know the adage...giving is better than receiving. Here is a throwback post which discusses my philosophy and history with gifts.
24-February 2019: Gifts…
I suppose most of us enjoy receiving gifts. Of course, the best gifts for me were those received as a child, when I believed in the magic of Christmas and Santa Claus. And when birthdays were fun to celebrate! Even though I grew up in a large family, I still felt that I was somehow spoiled by my parents. They had a special way making it possible! They worked hard to provide for all of us. Some of the most surprising gifts of my childhood were the The Millennium Falcon and “The Empire Strikes Back” movie on Betamax (I’m dating myself with Betamax). I was such a Star Wars nerd.

Of course, as a kid I never appreciated the gift of underwear. Haha! What child does? Now, I would LOVE to receive them. In fact, that would be the perfect gift. The closest I have gotten recently are some socks that my wife gave me for Valentine’s day.

And while Happy Socks do make me happy, they don’t make me ecstatic the way that underwear does. If she ever gave me underwear, I think I would…well, I’m not sure what I would do honestly. She is good about giving me socks though!
•
I actually have received underwear as a gift once in the not too distant past. It was a couple of years ago, and when it happened was a very pleasant surprise. A man I met up with gave me fetish underwear.

He asked me to try them on for him. While fetish underwear is not really “my thing,” it was a nice gesture, because hey, it is underwear after all. Admittedly, it would have been perfect if they had been underwear more suitable for every day wear. But I will never complain about receiving underwear.

As I have gotten older, the thrill of receiving gifts has sadly diminished. It’s probably because if I want something, I usually just buy it (within reason of course). I’m not in debt or anything like that. Additionally, I’m not much into celebrating my birthday. And Christmas is more about spending time with family or providing for my kids, and teaching them about charitable giving.
•
I think I’m at a point in my life where Christmases and birthdays for me would be so much better if they were only about underwear gifts (haha)! But as the adage goes, ‘tis better to give than receive. It would be awesome to be a Secret Undie Santa, providing special gifts to all the good boys out there!
•

No comments:
Post a Comment