.thumb img { float: right; margin: 0 0 10px 10px; }

Saturday, June 29, 2019

I Have a Dream

23-June 2019:  I Have a Dream

After visiting the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial in Washington D.C. recently, I was inspired to do this post.  We all know that MLK was a pivotal advocate for civil rights for African Americans.  His dream for equal rights is still not fully realized (unfortunately) as we have yet to perfect this within our country for both racial minorities and for the LGBT community. 


It’s currently Pride Month in the U.S.  It’s awesome to see how people are celebrating the adversity that has been overcome since the Stonewall riots. I haven’t been able to participate publicly in Pride, but the Internet has given me a clear idea of what is going on.  It’s powerful to see that LGBTs are steadily gaining acceptance in mainstream culture.  Within my own profession it took until 1974 before homosexuality was removed from the DSM (the medical bible of psychiatry) as a mental disorder. Now with marriage rights and other equalities becoming a reality, it gives me hope and optimism.

Here in my state of Minnesota, guys are conservative when it comes to swimwear.  I doubt I will ever be able to strut my stuff publicly in this Modus Vivendi swim brief.  Could you imagine the reactions I would get if I wore this to the lake? 

This garment is damn sexy.  It’s referred to as a tricky tanga swim brief.  The name is due to the fact that one is able to convert it from a tanga brief to a thong using the woven tape ring. 

As you will see below, there is the full coverage option…

Or if you prefer a thong, just reposition the tape ring and voila…

I have acquired several pairs of skimpy underwear.  Alas, I have only used them as underwear.  I have a dream that I may one day walk down the beach wearing whatever swimsuit I choose and not be judged for my choice(s).

Celebrate with me by showing your swimsuits!  Show your undies!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

26-July 2026: Kumori Goldvale Brief

26-July 2026: Kumori Goldvale Brief Kumori is a recent brand I have discovered. They have just released a few new prints. Naturally, I'm...